To enable multi-factor authentication (MFA or 2FA) for Office 365 in your organisation please follow instructions below
- Go to the Office 365 admin center.
- Navigate to Users> Active users.
- In the Office 365 admin centre, click More> Setup Azure multi-factor auth.
- Find the user or users who you want to enable for MFA. In order to see all the users,you might need to change the Multi-Factor Auth status view at the top.
The views have the following values based on the MFA state of the users: Any, Enabled, Enforced.
- Check the check box next to the users you want to enable.
- On the right user info pane, under quick steps you'll see Enable and Manage user settings. Choose Enable.
- In the dialog box that opens, click enable multi-factor auth.
After you set up 2FA for Office 365 you may want to enable Modern Authentication (2FA) for Outlook. To do that, please follow instructions in this article.