You can manage mail-enabled security groups by below steps if you have been granted an owner of that group from an administrator by:
- Open your Outlook account at https://outlook.office.com.
- Click on the setting icon (top right) from office 365 toolbar and click options.
- From the left side of the screen click on the triangle to expand General option and click on the Distribution groups.
- It will open a screen which shows following two lists.
- Distribution groups I belong to: List of distribution groups you belong to.
- Distribution groups I own: List of distribution groups in which you are the owner.
- Double click on the group you want to administer. It will provide following options to administer.
- General: Use this section to view or change basic information about the group.
- Ownership: Use this section to assign group owners. You can add owners by clicking Add +. To remove the owner, click on Remove -.
- Membership: Use this section to add or remove members to the group.
- Membership approval: Use this section to specify whether owner approval is required for the users to join the group. If you select the Owner approval is required check box, the group owner or owners receive an email requesting approval to join the group.
- Delivery Management: Use this section to manage who can send email to this group. There are two options for delivery management.
- Only senders inside my organization
Select this option to allow only senders in your organization to send messages to the group. This means that if someone outside of your organization sends an email message to this group, it will be rejected. This is the default setting.
- Senders inside and outside of my organization
Select this option to allow anyone to send messages to the group.
If you require people external to the company to send to the group, you need to select the “Senders inside and outside of my organization” option. To restrict sending to the group to only certain people, then click on the + and add the relevant people.
- Message Approval: Use this section to set options for moderating the group. Moderators approve or reject messages sent to the group before they reach the group members.
- Email options: Use this section to view or change the email addresses associated with the group.
- MailTip: Use this section to add a MailTip to alert users of potential issues before they send a message to this group. A MailTip is a text that’s displayed in the InfoBar when this group is added to the To, Cc, or Bcc lines of a new email message
- Group delegation: Use this section to assign permissions to a user (called a delegate) to allow them to send messages to the group or send messages on behalf of the group. You can assign the following permissions:
- Send As: Allows a delegate to send a message as a
- Send on Behalf of: Allows a delegate to send a message on behalf of the group.
This is how you can manage the mail-enabled security groups.